The school day begins at 8:30 am and ends at 3:10 pm. Students are allowed in the building at 8:15 am. There is no supervison of students prior to 8:15 am.
Students are late after 8:30 am. Students arriving late will receive a tardy pass unless they are “bus tardy” in which case an announcement will be made that students on a particular bus arrived late and could not make it to class on time.
No student will be released to anyone other than a parent or guardian without the parent or guardian’s consent and proper identification. Parents or guardians coming to pick up a student must check in with the office and the student will be called to the office on the intercom.
School dismissal each day is at 3:10PM. On the first day of school, please ensure that your child knows how s/he is getting home. If there is any change to the regular determined bus or walker routine, a note from a parent must be sent including the departure change and a phone number. No exceptions. Safety is our priority at the Warren Prescott K-8 School. We ask that all parents wait outside during dismissal. It is essential that we keep the foyer area clear. Thank you for your understanding.
- Students in our Autism program will maintain their regular bus service
- Students in grades K-6 will have regular morning and afternoon bus service
- Students in grades 7 and 8 who would normally have yellow bus service will be provided with MBTA passes and will not have morning or afternoon bus service
All students must adhere to the mandatory uniform policy listed below:
The Warren Prescott K-8 School has a mandatory uniform policy. Students are required to wear the school uniform each day beginning on the first day of school. The school uniform consists of the following items:
- Navy blue polo shirt with logo or patch
- If students are cold, a navy-blue Warren Prescott crewneck sweatshirt can be worn over polo shirts. Additionally, a white or blue long-sleeved shirt can be worn underneath the polo. The Warren Prescott logo should be visible at all times.
- Tan or blue pants, jumpers or skirts
- Appropriate jeans
- Warren Prescott t-shirts and sweatpants are only allowed on gym days
- Hooded Sweatshirts are never allowed
- Failure to follow the uniform policy may result in disciplinary action.
The school logo is in full implementation for the school year.
All students are required to wear the school logo.