The Warren-Prescott is a very special place where our exceptional teachers and staff challenge young learners with a rigorous, fun and interactive curriculum designed to develop students academically while nurturing them in a supportive and welcoming environment. When you choose the WP, you’re not just part of an amazing community—you’re part of a family!
To ensure you and your child have a smooth transition into kindergarten, we offer a variety of ways to get to know your new school and to get excited about the adventure that awaits. These events take place between May and September.
- Welcome Event for Parents– Excited to learn more about your new school? This brief morning event provides a glimpse into what you can expect next year including a chance to meet the K1 and K2 teachers and learn a bit about what the school day will look like.
- Parents Social– Join us at an adults-only evening where you can enjoy some great food, ask questions of other WP families, get to know each other, and learn about opportunities to get involved with the school.
- Shadow Day– Is your child nervous about starting a new school or just wanting to know more about what kindergarten is really like? Come and experience what it’s like to be a WP student for 30 minutes.
- Walk to School– Meet other incoming WP families at the Monument, walk to school together, then continue the fun on our playground—a favorite spot for parents to visit and kids to be kids.
- Back to School Meet & Greet– Meet our amazing staff, enjoy our wonderful playground and enjoy being part of our dynamic community at this event for all Warren-Prescott families.
- Teddy Bear Social– Don’t miss this special offering for K1 and K2 students just before school starts. Meet your child’s teacher, see your classroom and ask questions about the first day, while listening to a story with a furry friend from home.
- Classmates Club–Sign up for the Classmates Club, an email group that will enable you to connect with other incoming families, set up play dates and provide support as the big day approaches. Email WPWelcome@gmail.comto join.
We look forward to many years of learning and growing together. Get connected and find out more about the WP Community, by following the parent-led Facebook page and visiting our website at
http://warrenprescott.com/si/news/wp-weekly/ to sign up for the WP News!
Boston Public Schools welcomes you to visit our schools!
There are two main ways that BPS encourages families to learn about our schools: The City- wide Showcase and School Preview Times. We welcome you to visit schools, meet staff, and learn which schools are the best fit for your child. Below are the dates, and times for Warren Prescott.
No need to RSVP, just come see what BPS has to offer you!
- Dec. 5, 2018 – 9:30am-11:30am
- Jan. 4, 2019 – 9:30am-11:30am
- Jan. 10, 2019 – 6:30pm-7:30pm
New dates to come.